Thursday, May 05, 2005

out of web design hell

I got kicked off the project today, and all I can say is ... thank GOD

Her sendoff words: "We've decided to go for a professional web designer who can give the site some zip."

Things I would have said if I was a truly evil person:
"So you've finally realized your design needed zip."
"I'm so glad you've decided to seek professional help."

Yesterday I checked the three documents she sent, and confirmed I'm not at fault.

The Powerpoint has the title in all caps, no ellipsis at the end, and the first letter in each word is red. The subtitle is in parentheses.

The Word document uses upper and lower case, and the subtitle is not in parentheses.

Her e-mail has upper and lower case, an ellipsis at the end of the title, and the subtitle is not in parentheses.

No wonder I was fucking confused. And she yelled at me for getting it wrong. To have her mind read, she's going to need to pay someone a heckalot more than she paid me.

Call me sheltered, call me lucky: until now, I have never been blamed for someone else's incompetence or lack of taste.

I'm going to heaven when I die.

No comments: