Tuesday, September 27, 2005

laugh or cry?

Naturally, Mike Brown first blames the liberal media for his failure to cope with the Katrina disaster. "I should have scheduled regular meetings with the press," he says. This is actually correct. By asking why he hadn't done this or that, the reporters would have explained his job to him, given him some direction.

And he blames the governor and the mayor. He should have taken manly charge of the situation (!) and forced those hysterical officials to help him figure out what to do.

Then he lies about what he knew. Well, perhaps he's not lying. Given his competence level, it's more likely he received this information and spent the next 24 or 48 hours musing over what he was supposed to do about it.

My, oh my.

Thank the deities he got blasted from both right and left. One wonders if he will ever admit his lack of qualifications.

3 comments:

Lady Fedora said...

hey! i just ran across your blog, noticing that you had been to Lednice, Budapest, and several other places I have also frequented. Did you by chance see or work in the "Birds of Prey" exhibit at the Lednice castle ground? it's pretty amazing.

check out my blog sometime. do you speak Czech?

max inclined said...

Hi Arwen, we never made it to Lednice. The bus didn't come, so we
stayed in Mikulov. Running into another falconer in Mikulov was
better than seeing an exhibit. I don't speak Czech, I was just a
tourist, but I'd like to learn some for the next time I go. Thanks
for your comment.

MovieDude said...

cool blog!