Tuesday, January 02, 2007

the kind of omen we like

For portentous beginning-of-year dreams, I like the one I had last night: I won $15 million in the lottery.

Several years ago I got a phone call from a radio station. The deal was, listen to their station at a specific time every day, when they would pick a name from the hat to win a thousand dollars and a radio station tour. Seemed even more of a no-brainer when they said I could choose the time I would be listening. I set my alarm clock for about 1 minute before readoff time. For several weeks I listened, never anxious or wondering when the game would be over. When they called my name I was completely unsurprised. The mate and I looked at each other, shrugged and smiled. There was something so completely zen-like about it, like we knew it was gonna happen.

So I went out and bought some lottery tickets. Tomorrow night, we'll see if I knew it was gonna happen :)

No comments: