Saturday, May 12, 2007

cleaning

I'm thinking of having people come by the house for a not-quite-a-wake. This is ultimately a good idea, but the reality is less than ideal.

When you live in one place a long time (15 years), you collect stuff, you don't throw it away when it's broken or you don't find an out-of-the-way place for it. Or you do find an out-of-the-way place for it and never find it again, and have to buy another. Or you feel this bit of scrap whatever will come in handy one of these days, so you have to keep it. Or you're just too plain lazy to get rid of crap you never look at anyway, so you stop noticing it's there.

And when one of the people living there is too sick to do much, and the other one is working, and the first one gets really sick, it all goes to hell. Things land where they're dropped and stay there like leaves.

I'm finding my house is like the fucking Amazon. Layers and layers of crap.

Cleaning, well, that's why maid services exist. But what it really needs is a severe dose of re-organization, the kind corporations go through.

Edit: yeah, it's coming along. I seem to have misplaced my Bluetooth headset for the phone, though. The phone keeps beeping to say it's connected, then when I get out of range, beeps again to say it's dropped. Everything I own needs a beeper these days.

No comments: