Saturday, June 23, 2007

photos

Over the years I've been given a number of photo frames. A few weeks ago I dug up as many photos of the mate as I could find, and printed up a bunch. One of the frames is a 9x12 with spaces for 9 small pictures, another will take 3 4x6s, and the last is a normal 6x8 or thereabouts. So 14 pictures, and I spend a lot of time looking at them.

One of them is the very first picture I ever took of her. She's one of those people who stay looking much the same. Her hair got a little darker from not being outside as much, and a little grey at the edges, but other than that, not much change. Small photos erase a lot of detail, meaning wrinkles, but her terrific smile and impish look always blasted away these minor flaws, making her ageless, infinite...

No comments: