Friday, July 27, 2007

woot - done!

I found the problem. Apparently I had told it to run the edit code *again* at the end of the verification, thinking this was necessary to keep it in edit mode, and I didn't have to do that.

So I'm ready to roll with it. What's left for the project:
- run down any more reports that are needed
- writing the user guide
- training

Logging 24 hours work so far and the user guide will probably take about 3-4 hours. The coding hours were more than that, of course, but since I've never had formal training in interface, learning time is required, and I don't feel right including that in the cost.

I don't have the same sense of accomplishment I did when I finished writing Sonia, but then again, the project still has the stuff above to do, and I'm sure that other things will come up as the program is used. But still, I feel good that the coding is done, and I think I've anticipated most problems. Of course, the proof will come through use. Users can always think of the oddest way to do something then convince themselves that is the correct and only way to do it.

No comments: