Thursday, August 16, 2007

her children ate her brains

I went to see Order of the Phoenix today. Pretty good movie, though I found it somewhat choppy, it felt like Selected Scenes from the Novel. It was assumed you remembered who everyone was, which I didn't.

About 45 minutes (45 minutes?!) into the movie, a woman came in with two or three kids and took a seat at about four o'clock. One boy kept repeating "Harry Potter" and the other kids were talking, none too quietly. Several people shushed them, self included, which was effective for all of one minute. After about ten minutes, they left.

About half an hour later, they came back and took a seat on the left side. What the fuck? Worse yet, they sat at 9 o'clock, but fortunately several seats away. They were almost as noisy as before and the retarded one was still repeating "Harry Potter." I found myself involuntarily shrinking away.

After ten minutes, they left again. Fortunately, they did not return.

I'm totally at a loss to find a reason for this behavior. Yes, I understand HP is a children's movie and I expect a certain amount of enthusiasm (although I did choose a weekday matinee for a reason -- the audience was nearly all adults.) Coming in so late, then popping in and out is just plain weird, annoying, and very rude.

No comments: