Friday, September 21, 2007

a double and a rumble

Last week I'd had two days not finding any slips* at all. I'd been starting after 6:00 to avoid traffic in the industrial parks. Sunset was about 7:20. So I paid some attention and discovered I'd been going out too late. 4:00 - 4:30 is much better and I'm sure this time will creep up as the sun sets earlier and earlier. We caught two and there were just a few cars more than usual, but there's always the problem of being seen by someone who thinks hunting is illegal and/or immoral.

* slips are opportunities for your bird to chase something. It could be a single animal like a rabbit, or a group of let's say English sparrows.


We had a few good minutes of thunder and lightning just now. No rain, just flashes and rumbles. We hardly ever get anything that qualifies as real weather, not like it is back east.

No comments: