Thursday, November 29, 2007

down and up

My HDD camcorder arrived today and it never ceases to amaze me how easy things are. I've just been around technology so long it's second nature, and everything is designed for an IQ of 90 anyway. None of this -- setting up the camera, shooting video, uploading it to the laptop, editing out the unnecessary crap, and finally uploading it to YouTube -- has taken any cogitation.

Mr P eats crow

Which is a lot better than yesterday. Near midnight last night I took myself to the local hospital. I've had bouts of gut cramps a few times before, but it usually lasts 3 or 4 hours. Seven hours was just too much -- already I was extra tired from staying up late reading, and had had pretty hectic workday -- and there's always that worry that it's not just the usual thing. Plus I was having chills and sweats, which adds to the seriousness.

So I gave pee and blood, they gave me saline and morphine substitute and a warm blanket (mmm nice), and I dozed on and off. That morphine was something pretty good, it gives an untroubling sort of numbness. Apparently my white blood cell count was up slightly and that worried them, so around 4 am I got to drink some orange flavored barium and got a CT scan. After a few more hours sleep, the pain was gone and they sent me home at 7 am, where I went back to sleep for another 5 hours.

The hospital called back today and suggested I *might* have diverticulitis. I don't think I do. It doesn't happen all that often (once every 4 or 5 years) so I wouldn't call it chronic.

No comments: